Inclusive Access FAQ
Selected by your professor, the Inclusive Access program is digital access to your required course materials through D2L at a reduced price. Access to your required textbook starts the first day of classes, and is complimentary through the drop/add date without a “W.” If you don’t want to purchase, you must opt-out.
· Faculty collaborate with their publisher representatives and the NMHU BookStore to coordinate required course materials and cost savings.
· Faculty receive instructions to set up their course materials within BrightSpace.
· The NMHU BookStore communicates the program to enrolled students
· Once the content is published by the faculty, students log into BrightSpace and access their materials on Day 1 of class.
Interested? Please email the NMHU BookStore at email@example.com
· When a faculty member chooses Inclusive Access for any course, details are posted in the student booklist.
· Students receive access to the required digital course material through D2L on the first day of class.
· An opt-out option is available for students who don’t want to purchase the required content.
· For those students who don’t opt-out, the cost of the content is applied to the student’s university Bursar account approximately five business days after the opt-out deadline
Your required digital course materials are delivered through D2L. Access begins the first day of class.
Not Seeing Your D2L Course Site? Sites are automatically activated 1 week prior to the course start date. If you don't see a class in D2L, and it starts in less than a week, your instructor may have made it inactive. If you are concerned about access, please email your instructor.
Prices are negotiated and vary depending upon the course materials chosen by the instructor. Most Inclusive Access prices are lower than the cost to access the material directly through the publisher and average a savings upwards of 60% off the price of a new print textbook. See your booklist for the price of your specific Inclusive Access titles or refer to the introductory email you receive on the first day of class.
If you do not wish to purchase the required course materials through the Inclusive Access program, you have until the add/drop day without a W to opt-out. If you opt-out by the deadline, access to the online content will be turned off and the cost will not appear on your Bursar account. Be sure not to opt-out if you need access to the interactive module (such as MindTap, ALEX, Webassign, Tophat, Packback etc.) to submit homework or take quizzes.
Dates to opt out will be the last day to add/drop a course.
To opt-out, go to https://nmhu.desire2learn.com. Login with your credentials. Visit your course in Brightspace and select the opt-out option under your course materials.
Students who drop the course before the add/drop deadline without a "W" will automatically be "opted-out". There are no refunds for students who drop after the add/drop deadline without a "W". For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes. All students who are enrolled in a course using Inclusive Access are automatically considered part of the program. To avoid paying for the digital materials you must opt-out through your d2l course home page (https://nmhu.desire2learn.com) before the add/drop deadline.
Once the cost of the required course materials has been applied to your Bursar account, there are no refunds.
Yes if it's before the add/drop deadline without a "W". To opt-in, go to https://nmhu.desire2learn.com. Login with your NetID. proceed to your D2L. Click on the opt-in toggle button underneath your course material. You can opt-in and out as many times as you want before the deadline. Once it’s after the deadline, you will need to purchase through the link in D2L at a higher price or purchase a print version on your own. Contact the NMHU Bookstore at email@example.com if you need assistance.
All enrolled students are emailed about the program to their official university email address. If it is not in a spam folder or was accidentally deleted, email the NMHU Bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org for access instructions.
The access is complimentary through the add/drop date. After that, all enrolled students who have not opted-out of the program or dropped the course will have the discounted price applied to their Bursar account. The cost of the required digital content for Inclusive Access will appear on your Bursar Account as "Inclusive Access Digital Books."
First, try clearing your cookies and cache and/or using a different browser.
After clearing your cookies and cache close your browser and open it back up.
How to clear your cookies/cache
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. At the top right, click the button with 3 dots.
3. Click 'More tools', then 'Clear browsing data'.
4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
6. Click Clear data.
1. From the History menu, select Clear Recent History.
2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
3. Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
Safari 8.0 - 10.0 (Mac)
1. Click Safari in the upper left-hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
2. In the window that appears, click the Privacy Tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data....
3. Click Remove Now in the pop-up window that appears.
1. Select the Hub icon (three horizontal lines at top bar in front of a star), click the History menu option, and then click Clear history.
2. Select "Cookies and saved website data" and "Cached data and files". After the two are marked click Clear.
Internet Explorer 8
1. Select Tools > Internet Options.
2. Click on the General tab and then the Delete... button.
3. Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
If your question wasn't answered in this FAQ,
For Inclusive Access questions email the NMHU Bookstore at email@example.com
1. EMAIL MUST BE SENT FROM YOUR NMHU EMAIL ADDRESS
2. Include screenshots for technical issues
3. List the Department, course(s) AND section number(s) you are asking about (Example: MATH 100, sec 25)
4. List the title of the item(s) you are asking about
5. List the $ dollar amount - if you are asking about the cost on your Bursar account
If you have general inquiries about the course itself, please contact your instructor directly.